So, Hugh Jackman is playing the Apostle Paul in an upcoming Hollywood epic.
To save you the trouble when it comes out, allow me to preview your Facebook timeline so you don’t even have to log on that week.
1. Excited moviegoer: “Can’t wait to see my man Hugh Jackman as Paul! Wolverine on the road to Damascus, whaaaat.”
2. Excited moviegoer who just saw the movie: “Well, that was a wee bit different than the flannelgraphs from Sunday School, but Hugh Jackman though! Epic!”
3. Excited moviegoer’s conservative friend: “I cannot believe you would give your filthy lucre to the Hollywood film industry to promote such a vile twisting of such a powerful Scriptural story!”
4. *Excited moviegoer unfollows his conservative friend*
5. Excited moviegoer’s liberal friend (to conservative friend): “Stop being so close-minded, you Pharisee!”
6. Someone posts a Gospel Coalition Blog Post: “Saul The Wolverine: What Hollywood Got Wrong About Redemption & Transformation”
7. Someone posts a Opposing Blog Post from Liberal Blogger: “From Adam to Adamantium: Why We Should Be Happy that Hollywood is Even Making Biblical Movies”
8. Single female moviegoer: “Whew, Hugh Jackman is full of holy hotness, I need me a man like that to preach me the word with boldness!”
9. Me: “The Book is way better.”